What We Do: Retirement Income Solutions
Simply Retirement is a specialist financial adviser firm who act as a broker. We represent you and will act on your behalf to research and find the best available annuity rate (pension income) being offered by the insurance companies. We have found that because of our size and expertise we can obtain better rates than you would receive by dealing directly with these companies yourself.
We can also provide you with guidance about the different retirement solutions available, such as Pension Drawdown.
We believe that you should take advice because at retirement buying an annuity may not be your only option.
If you do not have all the information about your pension, don’t worry. We can get this for you. Just return our forms. We like to check this information for accuracy anyway.
You are not tied into us or obligated in any way, if you use our ‘Non Advised or Information Only Service’, You DO NOT have to pay us a fee. We have a number of different remuneration options, please see our Our About Our Fees and Services document for more details.
We can receive our payment from the annuity company we select for you. However, if you go directly to them you will not get a better deal. It just means they will retain all the money themselves. By using us you get advice that is paid for by the insurance company. Our costs are already built into the income you are offered by the Insurance Company.
There will be no charge for us investigating your policy and you are not obliged to use our annuity research service.
We can either take your instruction about buying your annuity and purely research the best provider for you, or we can give you advice and guidance, if required.
If you require assistance and advice, the commitment we expect from you is that, once we have fully researched your existing policy, we will need you to take 30 minutes of your time to provide us with information about your circumstances that may impact on your retirement options. This is referred to as Fact-Finding.
We cannot guarantee how long the process will take as we will be subject to the administration of your current company. Of course, we will chase them to obtain anything we need from them.
Why use us for an annuity?
We understand that an annuity purchase is a ‘one off’ transaction and that it is an important decision. We aim to add value by providing a Non Advised / Information Only Service:
- No extra cost – We can receive a commission payment for researching and arranging the annuity for you. This is paid by the annuity company. This means that you do not have to pay a fee for the service. The commission is included in the amount of annuity you receive and the costs would be taken by the annuity provider, even if you arranged the annuity yourself.
- Best Annuity Rates – Because we are a specialist in this market, we can attract higher annuity rates than would normally be available.
- Information about annuities – Providing information about annuities to assist you to make the right decision about the type or basis of the annuity you want.
- Alternatives to annuities – Providing information about some of the alternatives to an annuity, to allow you to consider your options.
- Best annuity rates – Researching the whole market place for the top annuity rates, giving you the opportunity to increase your retirement income at no additional cost to you.
- Enhanced annuity rates – Exploring your health and lifestyle to see if we can obtain you a bigger annuity for you.
- Access to professional staff – Being available by telephone or email to answer specific questions you may have. We offer you access to highly qualified and specialist staff who have considerable experience in the arrangement of retirement income.
- Personal service – Giving a personal and tailored service, depending on your requirements, contacting you using your preferred method.
- Simplifying annuity purchase – Removing the barriers and obstacles to resolve what can be perceived as a daunting and complicated process. Simplifying the transaction for you.
- Completing forms – Holding your hand and assisting you to complete the paperwork.
- Understanding existing funds – Dealing with your existing company to check the benefits you currently have.
- Moving pension money – Arranging the movement of funds from your existing company to your selected annuity provider.
- Overseeing payments – Ensuring your annuity is set up correctly and paid promptly.